[Scribus] Re: QT4

Paul F. Johnson paul
Sat Jul 9 14:27:03 CEST 2005

Hi,

> > Given not even FC rawhide has moved to Qt 4 (I don't expect that to
> > change until the next iteration of KDE either), the safest bet is
> > currently to use the 3.4 branch of Qt.
>
> KDE 4.0 will use Qt4, which is due in September-ish 2006 I read.

They've put it back again? Sheesh!

> Its a LONG
> time away so we are in no hurry, however we will experiment when we can. We
> cannot afford to move to Qt4 when the distros do not support it. We have
> plenty to do in Scribus 1.3 thats Qt4 unrelated anyway :)

This is what I've said...

That said, I can see a time when the Daleks will be the most powerful
race in the universe. Many planets will unite because of their fear of
the Daleks. Many people will work together due to the fear of the
Daleks? Many good things may come of it. Do I have a right to end it all
now?

Dwell on that!

TTFN

Paul
--
"The city of Washington was built on a stagnant swamp some 200 years ago
and very little has changed; it stank then and it stinks now. Only