[Scribus] Re: QT4

Paul F. Johnson paul
Sat Jul 9 13:58:25 CEST 2005

Hi,

> > Does scribus work with qt 4.0?  Do I need to install qt 3.3.4 (I
> > believe
> > the latest version before 4.0) in order to install and run scribus
> > 1.2.2.1?
>
> Scribus doesn't work with Qt 4 yet (and the 1.2 branch probably never
> will).

That's not *quite* correct. It will, but there are quite a few
alterations that have to be made for it to happen. The move to Qt4 will
not be a trivial matter and is something the developer team will have to
discuss as it does have some far reaching implications.

Given not even FC rawhide has moved to Qt 4 (I don't expect that to
change until the next iteration of KDE either), the safest bet is
currently to use the 3.4 branch of Qt.

TTFN

Paul
--
"The city of Washington was built on a stagnant swamp some 200 years ago
and very little has changed; it stank then and it stinks now. Only