[Scribus] Re: 189 glyphs missing in Scribus 1.2.2.1

Oleksandr Moskalenko malex
Sat Jul 9 01:02:51 CEST 2005

* Franz Schmid <Franz.Schmid at altmuehlnet.de> [2005-07-09 00:24:00 +0200]:

> Craig Bradney schrieb:

> >>Thank you for those Debian packages. I installed the one for Sarge and
> >>found the same diminished number of glyphs Scribus 1.2.2.1 is able to show
> >>compared with Scribus 1.2.1 as in my selfmade package following your
> >>instructions.
> >>
> >>For example the Debian package lmodern contains the font LMSans regular.
> >>Scribus 1.2.1 shows  409 glyphs for that font, Scribus 1.2.2.1 only 220
> >>(using the Scribus text editor - edit - insert glyph).
> >>
> >>Have other users made similar observations? Then it seems to be a bug in
> >>Scribus 1.2.2.1. I can mail screenshots, if that helps to illustrate the
> >>problem.
> >>

> >Please test with current 1.2.3cvs and 1.3.0cvs. I have just committed code
> >to help with this one.
> >
> >Craig
> Tested it in 1.3.0 and made only a minor (hopefully correct) workaround for
> older versions of FreeType. Seems to work here.
>
> Franz

Franz,

This is good as some distros don't the newer freetype, like Debian/stable and
Ubuntu/hoary. I'm building updated packages for all distros I can right now.

Regards,

Alex