[Scribus] Slow Rendering PDF exported from scribus

Ow Mun Heng Ow.Mun.Heng
Fri Jul 8 04:08:31 CEST 2005

On Fri, 2005-07-08 at 00:48 +0800, Craig Ringer wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 07, 2005 at 07:32:01PM +0800, Ow Mun Heng wrote:

> I checked freesoftwaremagazine.com and it's not linearized (you can look
> in doucument properties to tell), which surprised me a little - for some
> reason I assumed PDFTex would do that. As for speed / drawing, check out
> page 7 or page 10 ... you'll probably see the text draw down the left of
> the page then down the right hand side. I think the main reason it's
> faster is that most of the pages are actually just images - there's only
> one simple element for Acrobat to render.

Which version of FSM are you talking about? I'm looking at Ed4 of FSM
and It's only just barely visible the slowness. Compared to MyOSS mag
it's real fast!!

> The magazine looks awesome,
> too :-)
Which Mag are we talking by the way, before I get filled with air?? hehe

> Also, MyOSS magazine's site still uses the mambo tagline for its
> description, thus talking about Mambo in the description in Google
> results. Might want to fix that.

Oops.. That goes to show how much we pay attention to the site rather
than the Mag eh.

Thanks.

--
Ow Mun Heng