[Scribus] Slow Rendering PDF exported from scribus

PLinnell mrdocs
Thu Jul 7 22:31:48 CEST 2005

On Thursday 07 July 2005 10:28, Ow Mun Heng wrote:
> If anyone has downloaded the MyOSS Magazine PDF
> (http://mag.my-opensource.org), can I find out you guys also see
> that the page rendering is very slow?
>
> I see this issue in both LInux Acrobat reader 7 as well as Windows
> Acrobat Reader 6 in Windows.
>
> Page flipping is very slow.
>
> another thing, when I print, I see that acrobat will do
> "flattening". What's this?

Flattening is when a PDF is converted into, some or all vectors are
converted to pixels. The more complex the vectors, the more difficult
it is for less advanced printers/RIPS to process the postscript.

In Acrobat 6+ there is a flattening previewer which can adjust the
amount of flattening.

The above greatly oversimplified, but hopefully explains the idea.

<snip>

Peter