189 glyphs missing in Scribus 1.2.2.1 (was: Re: [Scribus] Scribus 1.2.2.1 released (debian))

Tobias Hilbricht hilbricht
Thu Jul 7 18:59:43 CEST 2005

Am Donnerstag, 7. Juli 2005 17:47 schrieb Oleksandr Moskalenko:
> I"ve followed my earlier intention and built packages for Debian sarge and
> etch and Ubuntu hoary and breezy (though breezy already has an official
> package built by Kubuntu maintainer from my source package). The packages
> are currently at http://debian.tagancha.org/scribus/other/ placed in
> directories named after the respective distributions. I will look into
> setting up a proper repository to host them all eventually.

Thank you for those Debian packages. I installed the one for Sarge and found
the same diminished number of glyphs Scribus 1.2.2.1 is able to show compared
with Scribus 1.2.1 as in my selfmade package following your instructions.

For example the Debian package lmodern contains the font LMSans regular.
Scribus 1.2.1 shows  409 glyphs for that font, Scribus 1.2.2.1 only 220
(using the Scribus text editor - edit - insert glyph).

Have other users made similar observations? Then it seems to be a bug in
Scribus 1.2.2.1. I can mail screenshots, if that helps to illustrate the
problem.

Yours sincerely

Tobias Hilbricht