[Scribus] Re : Scribus compiled with msvc.net 2002 : let's start debugging

Ralf Habacker ralf.habacker
Wed Jul 6 15:12:08 CEST 2005

Am Sonntag, 26. Juni 2005 18:01 schrieb Jean Ghali:
>  >> - was curious with the internals of a page layout program
>  >> - wanted to gain some experience with qt and evaluate qtwin-free
>  >> usability for my own non-professional use
>
>  > I'm surprised you're doing that now, with Qt4 for Windows only months
>  > away, at most. I guess there are a lot of Qt3 apps out there that
> will > be a lot of work to port to Qt4 though - Scribus certainly being
> one of them.
>
> The reason is combined interest in Scribus and Qt. Moreover although Qt4
> will be available for Windows, only g++ will be supported first. But I
> have few doubt that someone will provide required patches for Borland
> C++ and Visual Studio support sooner or later...

There is ongoing work for this reported on the kde-cygwin mailing
http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-cygwin&m=112053193418259&w=2 .
The related code could be found in the cvs area from
http://sf.net/projects/qtwin

<snip>

--
Ralf Habacker