[Scribus] Scribus 1.2.2.1 released

Malte Cornils malte
Wed Jul 6 13:13:10 CEST 2005

Am Mittwoch, 6. Juli 2005 08:52 schrieb Craig Ringer:
> On Wed, 2005-07-06 at 08:44 +0200, Malte Cornils wrote:
> > Am Mittwoch 06 Juli 2005 08:37 schrieb Oleksandr Moskalenko:
> > > I'm in the process of learning how to set up pbuilder environments for
> > > sarge/etch/sid + hopefully ubuntu hoary/breezy on a dual-Xeon system.
> > > I'll keep you posted on the progress. Hopefully it'll work fine and
> > > I'll get packages built for every Debian-related system that was
> > > mentioned on this Mailing List as being used for Scribus work :)
> >
> > Actually, I'm wondering whether we need different packages for the
> > various distributions. Using sarge and hoary as reference system should
> > result in a package working on the later distributions, too.
>
> I'm not sure it will, unfortunately. There's a gcc4 transition going on
> in Etch, for example, and IIRC that changes the C++ ABI.

Hmm, you're right. While ABI changes are more common than one could hope for
in the Debian/GNU-Linux world, it seems a necessary evil at the moment.

Anyway, I've built a scribus-1.2.2.1 package from malex's sources and put it
up on

http://www.usta.de/RefAk/Aussen/privat/scribus_1.2.2.1-1_i386.deb

Have fun with that for the moment!

-Malte