[Scribus] Installation problems, Scribus 1.2.0 to RedHat 9

PLinnell mrdocs
Tue Jul 5 19:24:34 CEST 2005

On Tuesday 05 July 2005 19:09, Gregory Pittman wrote:
> Robert R. Di Giorgio wrote:
> > I am unable to install Scribus 1.2.0 in Red Hat 9.
>
> There are lots of reasons to upgrade to a newer Linux, Fedora or
> others, not the least of which is many fewer hardware issues.
> There was a bumpy ride when the kernel went from the 2.4.x to 2.6.x
> series, but now things have largely stabilized.
>
> As Craig Ringer said, the problems are not just the RH9 and Scribus
> 1.2.0, but lots of dependencies that are not worth the aggravation.
> Once you get the hang of yum or apt-get (or Gentoo's emerge), you
> won't want to go back.  Now, with FC4, most of the setting up with
> yum is more or less automated.
>
> Maybe one day we'll even see Scribus on Fedora-extras.
>
> Greg

Hi,

They are there already:

http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/extras/4/i386/scribus-1.2.1-5.i386.rpm
http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/extras/4/i386/scribus-devel-1.2.1-5.i386.rpm
http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/extras/4/i386/scribus-templates-1.2.1-2.noarch.rpm

We have worked closely with the Fedora Extras packager Phil Compton
for a long time to make sure Scribus installs and works properly on
Fedora since Fedora-1 days. He has done a terrific job and the
scribus rpms are very well done IMO.

For Fedora users, its as simple as:

yum install scribus

I am preparing 1.2.2.1 fc-4 rpms and hope to have them available in
the next few hours.

Cheers,
Peter