[Scribus] GUI / Shortcuts / Usability 1.3

Ralf-Diether Ebel ATN-GmbH ebel
Mon Jul 4 10:16:03 CEST 2005

Hello list,
I like the new possibilty in 1.3 to have bold etc. in an extra pulldown. But
generally I think a little bit about usability and would like to discuss this on the
list here.
Regarding selection of styles:
Wouldn't it be more easy to have all the styles listed in one window (like
paragraph-styles in Openoffice)? So to select on you need only one click in
spite of 3 mouseclicks (Select Dropdownbox, scroll, select; ok, worst case).
Maybe it is good to have it how it is now, but to open an extra tool-window
parallel to the current, only with the styles
You should have the possibility for a shorcut to focus the style-window if open
or the style-box and then type the first letter of the style (works already)

Character
Its very nice that bold/italics is now implemented as an extra dropdown. But it
would be nice to have as shortcut to them.
They also don't appear in the StoryEditor.

These are only short suggestions to improve the working, generally I think the
speed of improvements is amazing, you are doing a very good job. But I think
one important point for the future is to have the many feature as easy as
possible to use.

With best regards,
Ralf-Diether Ebel