[Scribus] Scribus 1.2.2 released

Craig Bradney cbradney
Sun Jul 3 15:56:09 CEST 2005

The Scribus Team is pleased to announce the release of Scribus 1.2.2 - Open
Source Desktop Publishing. The Scribus team urges all users and distros to
use this latest release.

Building on the 1.2.1 version released in January 2005, 1.2.2 consolidates the
1.2 series with many fixes and some enhancements :

    * Numerous improvements to SVG import/exporter.
    * Over 130 bug reports and user feature requests have been squashed.
    * The 1.2.2 release also adds updated English documentation, along with
many new GUI translation updates.
    * Support for OASIS (OpenOffice.org 2.0) writer and draw import.
    * Many locale and Unicode fixes and enhancements
    * More rendering speed

      After this release, the Scribus team will concentrate work on the 1.3.x
development series, with a release of 1.3.0 imminent. We will continue to
maintain the 1.2.x series, and already are working on version 1.2.3, with
further enhancements to come.

      The Scribus Team would also like to thank Anduin.net/?verby Consulting
and n at work GmbH, Hamburg for gracefully sponsoring our Scribus Documentation
site, our Bug Tracker and Anonymous CVS server. Also, a note of thanks to
University of Salford - School of Media, Music and Performance for providing
continued hosting of www.scribus.net and upgrading the server hardware.

      Getting Scribus 1.2.2:

      You can:
          o Download source tarballs and document templates and some rpms from
our Sourceforge Download page
          o Visit the downloads pageon www.scribus.org.uk for the same.
          o Download from our Scribus Docs mirror.

     RPMs for various RPM based distros will be available soon. Debian
packages too. Gentoo ebuild expected in portage soon. etc etc etc :)

      The Scribus Team would also like to thank the many end users, testers
and contributors to making this our finest release to date.