WikiWiki? (Was "[Scribus] suse 9.2")

Maciej Hanski ma_han2000
Mon Jan 31 17:16:18 CET 2005

On Sun, 16 Jan 2005 17:18:19 +0100
Craig Bradney <cbradney at zip.com.au> wrote:

> Just going to have to stick my 2 cents in for Gentoo, even though it might not
> be your stuff or you might not have the wish to compile stuff often. However,
> I turned on the old Duron 900 here which hasnt been on since late September.
> It spent quite awhile updating, over 170 packages including all of Gnome and
> KDE (over 600mb of source tarballs) and I had NO issues with upgrades..
>
> process: Turn on, login in, emerge sync, emerge -uaDv world, etc-update and
> update any config files and it was done. Life in a perfect world.. ahh :)

Ok, thank you, I'm sitting right now in front of my brand new Gentoo desktop, compiling Scribus 1.2.2cvs  and wondering, how easy it was to get everything I need up and running. Setting up my network, firewall, X with Nvidia, sound with Alsa and Skype, etc, etc, everything went smoothly and without any quirks...

In particular, I was struck by the quality of the Gentoo documentation, both the official and the unofficial. Speaking of the latter, the GNU FDL'd, multilingual and maintained by Gentoo users Gentoo-Portage Wiki http://gentoo-wiki.com/Main_Page is a unique treasury of knowledge -- I wonder, I we could have something like that for the Scribus community. To start with, we could use some of the most interesting mails from this list for the initial "Tips & Tricks" and "Howtos" -- there have been quite a few interesting exchange of views here that could be easily transform into suitable docs.

What do you think of that?

br
Maciej

P.S. Here is another gorgeous Wiki, I use extensively: http://wiki.tuxbox.org/Hauptseite

--
Current Scribus localisations:
http://bugs.scribus.net/trans/

Missing your language? Check this translation how-to:
http://docs.scribus.net/index.php?lang=en&sm=translationhowto&page=translation_howto