[Scribus] is it just me?

Craig Ringer craig
Mon Jan 31 17:00:08 CET 2005

On Mon, 2005-01-31 at 14:25, Peter Nermander wrote:

> > I'm not sure how practical that'd be right now - the code for page item
> > drawing is a bit too involved for me to even hazard a guess.
>
> I guess the problem is that Scribus redraws on the X server and does not keep an
> "image" of the frame in memory?

I'm no expert, but from what I've seen the issue is usually Scribus
redrawing bits of the canvas that haven't changed or been covered by
anything. I think there's a fair bit more surgery involved than you
might expect to get it to just redraw the items, or ideally parts of
items, that have changed for object moves and resizes, though.

--
Craig Ringer