[Scribus] is it just me?

Peter Nermander m8130
Sun Jan 30 11:00:05 CET 2005

> Try using the Story Editor to edit text, I suppose you're trying to edit
> it directly on the canvas but AFAIK that's not the right way (TM) in
> Scribus, but sure this can be done so if you have time :)

If one is for example writing a big heading (think of making a poster for a
sale, then you want the word SALE in big letters) it feels like an
unecessary step to have to go to the story editor to enter something like 10
letters...

I would very much appreciate a "draft" mode where the text rendering is
faster (maybe even a setting like "Don't render text below xx points").

(Ok, I'm using very slow machines, but I can live with that it takes 10
minutes to export to a PDF (since I can have a cup of coffee while that
happens) but it's a lot more frustrating to have to wait 15-30 seconds for
the canvas to redraw just because I adjusted a heading. OTOH I think there
is some patch now preventing complete redraw when doing a small change?)

/Peter