[Scribus] Quark user's questions

Steve Herrick estebandido
Thu Jan 27 01:28:10 CET 2005

On Thu, 27 Jan 2005 00:07:51 +0100, Martin Costabel <costabel at wanadoo.fr> wrote:

> It's actually quite standard Mac behavior, too. It's the way how you
> change the date and time for an iCal item, for example. There aren't
> even any arrow widgets any more. You either type the numbers or use the
> up and down arrow keys or the scroll wheel, just like it works in scribus.

For that sort of thing, it makes sense. However, it's
counter-intuitive to click an *up* arrow to increase the Y value of an
object's placement - i.e., move it *down*. After all, you click the up
arrow on a scrollbar to move a document up. And how much stranger is
it to click an up arrow to move an object to the right?

Perhaps that's why Inkscape measures Y values from the bottom up...

Steve
--
Yes, as through this world I've wandered
I've seen lots of funny men;

-Woody Guthrie