[Scribus] (no subject)

David Purton dcpurton
Wed Jan 26 02:25:19 CET 2005

On Tue, Jan 25, 2005 at 09:16:48PM +0800, Craig Ringer wrote:
> On Mon, 2005-01-24 at 23:39 +0100, Plinnell wrote:
>
> > EPS of tables from OO.org works OK. They will be rasterized on import.
>
> However, if you wish to avoid them being rasterised in the final PDF
> output, you can "print to file" in Scribus, creating a PostScript file,
> then use GhostScript or Acrobat Distiller to make the PDF.
>
> The downside of this is you lose most of Scribus's PDF exporting smarts.
> Still, for some uses it may be a valid approach, and it's been useful to
> me in the past.

I've noticed Scribus does this. Would it be feasible to use gs to convert
the ps to pdf and include that somehow when outputing directly to pdf?

I've read that it is possible to use pdf in an encapsulated sort of way,
but I've not found much specific documentation on this.

cheers

dc

--
David Purton
dcpurton at chariot.net.au

For the eyes of the LORD range throughout the earth to
strengthen those whose hearts are fully committed to him.
                                 2 Chronicles 16:9a