[Scribus] what is this

bart at solozone.com bart
Wed Jan 26 02:00:10 CET 2005

Well, I used to use Quark and my friends still do. That is because they use Windows. Quark is very slow to upgrade; they have difficulty with a home network which for a while would not recognize another instance of itself. They use a mass of extensions supplied by third parties usually at around $69 or $129 and THIS ADDS UP. They only recently do indexes and tables.
Scribus has matured very fast and has a unique well informed helpful community behind it.
InDesign capitalizes on the difficulties of Quark; that is their selling point. At first InDi did not recognize Adobe's own formats and that was soon corrected. But really, you paid $695 for this error?

Bart Alberti