[Scribus] scripting

Craig Ringer craig
Tue Jan 25 15:54:49 CET 2005

On Tue, 2005-01-25 at 15:41 +0100, Thomas R. Koll wrote:
> Hi, I'm working on a special HTML import

OK, first ... there's a C++ HTML import plugin already. It may be worth
using that, or if it doesn't fit your needs extending it, rather than
starting something from scratch.

> and right now I'M having the
> problem that I want to change the font for the next text I'm inserting
> but SetFont changes the font for the whole document.

setFont will change the font for the entire frame, or if there is a text
selection within the frame, for the selected text. I don't think it
doesn't have any way to change the font for the next text inserted. Your
best option would probably be to insert the text, then select it and set
the font.

At some stage I'd like to wrap Riku's gettext framework for Python so
it's easier to write quick importers for weird formats or specific uses.
That's a way off though as it involves making it possible for plug-ins
to talk to each other directly.

I'd say the best way to write a text importer for Scribus is to write it
as a C++ plugin using the gettext interface.

--
Craig Ringer