[Scribus] Printer dialog - no duplex

Plinnell scribusdocs
Mon Jan 24 23:47:23 CET 2005

On Monday 24 January 2005 15:59, Craig Ringer wrote:
> On Mon, 2005-01-24 at 15:44 +0100, Eilert wrote:
> > CUPS isn't compiled in. But there is CUPS on the system, I know for
> > sure, because YaST says so (well... there is even web access to the CUPS
> > server).
> >
> > So what went wrong? Any library missing during compilation?
>
> You need to have the development package for CUPS, containing the header
> files etc, installed as well as the main CUPS packages. It's probably
> called something like cups-devel . Try installing that then re-
> running ./configure and see if it finds it (it'll tell you when it
> finishes).

You could make it easier and just grab the suse rpm from www.scribus.net or
mirrors. It is built with CUPS and all other options. You might need to add
python-imaging too - that is for the font-previewer script.

To build from source you will need cups-devel and openssl-devel too. Suse's
way of building CUPS depends on it.

Also, I have used Scribus on a high end RIP driving a 4c laser with the PPD
perfectly supported by Scribus - including duplexing. Note, I have had issues
with duplexing *and* landscape with CUPS 1.1.x, but supposedly fixed in CUPS
1.2cvs

Cheers,
Peter