[Scribus] python file display toy - showfiles.py

Craig Ringer craig
Mon Jan 24 11:35:37 CET 2005

On Sun, 2005-01-23 at 22:33 -0500, Gregory Pittman wrote:

> It doesn't work properly and actually is less useful from within Scribus
> -- I was hoping the list it generates would just hang there and you
> could continue using Scribus, but use of Scribus is suspended while the
> list is there; also it hangs and won't shut off properly from within
> Scribus.

I've attached a modified version of your script. This version will work
correctly under Scribus. It's the worst hack I've ever committed - and I
do think committed is probably the right word - but it does, in fact,
work. See the comments on the script for why.

You'll need PyQt to use it, and it'll only run from the script console
in 1.2.1. You can also use 'Load Extension Script' if you're running
with the macro mgr patches.

I'm working on an addition to the macro mgr that'll permit the
registration of Python callback timers. This would eliminate the need
for the horrifying hack in that script, and make things work quite
nicely. I'm not sure how long it'll be before that's done though.

Note that a similar hack is probably required for PyGtk, but that PyQt
will work fine.

--
Craig Ringer