[Scribus] python file display toy - showfiles.py

Gregory Pittman gpittman
Mon Jan 24 04:33:06 CET 2005

Here is something I made while I'm in the process of learning Python.
(all part of that quest to make a Python version of scribalbum.pl)

What showfiles.py will do is allow to enter the name of a directory,
then sift out image (.jpg, .png, .svg, .pdf, .gif, .tif) and also .sla
files -- user selectable with checkbuttons.
You can use it recursively, in other words, I can generate one vertical
list in '/home/gregp', then change the checkbuttons and show a different
list next to the first, or change the name of the directory for the next
list.  On my system it has filled the screen after about five searches.

It doesn't work properly and actually is less useful from within Scribus
-- I was hoping the list it generates would just hang there and you
could continue using Scribus, but use of Scribus is suspended while the
list is there; also it hangs and won't shut off properly from within
Scribus.  Maybe I'll figure that out later.  You can use it from outside
of Scribus, show it when you want, hide it when you're done with it for
the moment.

Greg