[Scribus] Copy and paste text from Aqua?

Martin Costabel costabel
Tue Jan 18 10:42:23 CET 2005

Ralf H?ling wrote:

> Hi,
>
> now that the new version of scribus runs fine under X11 on my Mac I
> tried again to copy from for example TextEdit (Aqua) to Scribus, but
> that does't work :-(
> I have autocutsel installed and in my .xinitrc. In OpenOffice Copy and
> Paste works fine.

As a workaround, you can copy to some intermediary X11 window, for
example one started as "xterm -e cat". OpenOffice might do, too, I
guess. Then select the text there once again and paste into scribus.
No idea why it doesn't work directly, but copying between Aqua and X11
has always been closer to black magic than to science :-)

--
Martin