[Scribus] Compile error 1.2.1 on Ubuntu

Malte Cornils malte
Tue Jan 18 02:04:03 CET 2005

Hello Joszef,

Am Dienstag, 18. Januar 2005 01:25 schrieb Jozsef Mak:
> I searched for the buildlog file but i couldn't find it. The Scribus
> directory contains only the config.log file. The error message above is
> copied out from the terminal window after the make process was over.
> Please tell me where can i find the buildlog file you mentioned.

with buildlog I did not mean any file but indeed the output of your terminal.
You can scroll up in some terminal programs with Shift-PgUp and then get the
other parts of the log.

Another way would be to put the log of the make command into a real file
(redirect it there).

Instead of typing make, you could type

make > /tmp/output_of_make.log 2>&1

instead of going to the terminal, the output should then end up
in /tmp/output_of_make.log

(Redirecting both to screen and to file is also possible with the tee command,
but I don't know the syntax by heart)

Hope that helps,
-Malte