[Scribus] 1.2.1 for MacOSX 10.2

Carol Kankelborg cckborg1
Mon Jan 17 23:37:25 CET 2005

Martin Costabel wrote:

 > Carol Kankelborg wrote:
 >
 > []
 >
 >>> You don't have an environment variable DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH=/sw/lib
or something? If not, you might need to rebuild qt3. I don't know why
scribus-1.2.1 is suddenly unearthing these problem, though.

 >> Isidore-cckborg $ echo $DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH
 >> /sw/lib
 >

 > Did you set this because I asked for it or was it already set? It
should *not* be set.

 > --
 > Martin

$DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH was already set. I unset it, removed the qt3 packages
(fink remove then manually deleted the .deb files. I don't know of a
cleaner way
to do this. I tried fink purge but that didn't force a recompile.) and
recompiled
them and scribus.

Scribus now fails in a different way. I get the splash screen, but
right after it
says it is searching for fonts, it crashes with a Bus error. I tried
deleting .scribus,
but it still failed the same way. To my knowledge, my fonts haven't
changed since
the last time I compiled Scribus 1.2.

Should I try recompiling the freetype2 and freetype2-shlibs packages?
Or has
more damage than that been done by having $DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH set wrong?
Where do I go from here?

Carol

--
Carol Kankelborg