[Scribus] suse 9.2

Plinnell scribusdocs
Sat Jan 15 23:43:25 CET 2005

On Saturday 15 January 2005 21:26, tjakabfy wrote:
> Ralf Kroeger wrote:
> >Hi @ all,
> >
> >quite nice to read all the meanings about suse 9.2 .
> >I also use this linux-version, but I'm not able to install scribus 1.2.1.
> > Can anybody give me some hints or is there a rpm-package?
> >
> >BTW:
> >When I delete in scribus 1.2 text not in the textbox but on the page, I
> > can find no possibility, to get back one or more steps.
> >In 1.2.1 is a way to do?
> >
> >Thx
>
> Hey Ralf:
> I use the latest upto date SuSE 9.2 and could not compile Scribus from
> the .bz2 file. The Make would not work. But you can download the SuSE
> 9.1 rpm from the SCribus download area.
>  Then use YAST to install it. Any dependancies will show up and you can
> get these installed before you install scribus for suse91 (you may have
> to do a net search). I had to install the python-imaging rpm prior to
> installing the scribus-suse91 rpm. But everything seems to work fine.

The reason I added the dependency for python-imaging is to ensure the print
preview for the font sampler worked properly.

Also, new dependencies which I added to the 1.2.1 rpm:

libxml2 - for OpenOffice.org imports
tk - font sampler script support

I also recommend updating Qt to the 3.3.3 version in the Suse supplemental
downloads.

Cheers,

Peter