[Scribus] LOST 12 PAGE newsletter

tjakabfy tjakabfy
Wed Jan 12 22:07:27 CET 2005

Franz Schmid wrote:

> tjakabfy schrieb:
>
>> Franz Schmid wrote:

>>> I can try to restore your document, if you mail it by personal
>>> E-Mail to me. Mostly such damaged docs can be restored easily.
>>>
>>> Best Regards,
>>> Franz Schmid

>> Thanks Franz:
>>
>> I know you are busy doing other things and appreciate you looking at it.
>> I did open up the file in a Open Office and searched through it but
>> could not see anything amiss.
>>
>> Sorry for the trouble.... next time I will make progressive copies.
>> I have done this in the past, but since Scribus has been so stable, I
>> stopped doing this.
>>
>> Tom
>
> Hi Tom,
>
> you're a lucky one, attached is your repaired File, the error
> was in Line 414, there was a "N" missing.
>
> A hint for doing repairs on Scribus files, Kwrite and KXML-Editor
> are your friends here.
>
> Best Regards,
> Franz Schmid

Thank you, thank you, thank you....  donke schone.

The first time I loaded the page I got a signal11 error message and
scribus crashed. However, on the next try it loaded fine. I resaved
under a second name to be sure.

I don't think I would have caught the N in line 414... but I'll have a look.

I still can't compile the latest Scribus release in SuSE 9.2 even though
the ./configure says everything is rosy(I sent this into the forum a
week or so and got no relies). I think it may have something to do with
the YOU rpms and the new kernel. I will try compiling on my Fedora Core3.

thanks again.... Tom (in Canada)