[Scribus] picture in column?

Louis Desjardins louis_desjardins
Tue Jan 11 23:57:44 CET 2005

tobid a ?crit :

> hi all,
> i try to layout our university magazine with scribus. we have a 3-column
> layout and want to place pictures in the text. is there a way to adjust
> that there is a distance from 4mm between image and text?

Text outset feature has not been implemented yet. It's bug # 1137
Here is Craig's workaround (from the bug report):

"Yes, we will add more options, in the meantime, try turning on the
contour line and editing it (edit shape under shape tab, select edit
contour line)."

One other way is to put a larger and empty text or pic frame, with
'Runaround' checked, underneath your actual picture. (This is Nyam's
solution, from the Tutorial.)

They both work.

HTH :-)

Louis