[Scribus] Right indent?

Craig Ringer craig
Thu Jan 6 11:30:24 CET 2005

On Thu, 2005-01-06 at 17:32, Owen Cook wrote:
> On Thu, 6 Jan 2005, Ralf-Diether Ebel (ATN-GmbH) wrote:
>
> > I'm also creating a 100-200 pages book with much text. Using the acual cvs I
> > found some points:
> > 1) I found no possibility to right indent a paragraph (The text should not go to
> > the frame at the right side, it should stop before). Is there any? I think it is very
> > important for an DTP app.

> Text frame
>
> Properties->Shape->Set right indent?

You can right indent all text in a frame by setting right hand side
padding on the frame as you describe, but I don't think you can right
indent the text. Think about if you want justified text like this:

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit.  Ut a sapien.
Aliquam aliquet purus molestie dolor. Integer quis eros ut erat posuere
dictum. Curabitur dignissim.

.        Integer orci. Fusce vulputate lacus at ipsum. Quisque
.        in libero nec mi laoreet volutpat. Aliquam eros pede,
.        scelerisque.

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Ut a sapien.
Aliquam aliquet purus molestie dolor. Integer quis eros ut erat posuere
dictum.

(the dots above are to stop dumb mail clients stripping leading
whitespace).

The only ways I can think of to do it are with three frames, or using
text flows around frame and a frame to block out the indented area.
Neither is a good solution and both suck severely if the text may be
edited/reflowed later.

--
Craig Ringer