[Scribus] Pic format to yearbook specs.

Jim Christiansen christiansen_j
Wed Jan 5 04:16:42 CET 2005

Hello, I run a linux system of about 100 boxes in a grade 8 to 12 school and
plan to produce next year's yearbook using Scribus in a classroom setting.
I have our type1 fonts installed but the weak link (that I see now) is going
to be photo inserts.  Using Pagemaker I had a plugin from our yearbook
company called designer's edge.  The only feature that we used was the the
automatic picture/insertion tool in it.  It converted all images to tiff,
changed them to 300 dpi and grayscale all as an image was dragged into a
frame.  I can use imagemagic in a script to do this easy enough beforehand,
but I know that if this conversion was done on the fly (because our students
work with jpgs from our camers), I wouldn't have as many errors at the
publisher end.  Does anyone know how to make a feature in Scribus to do
this?
Thanks for any ideas,  Jim
ps-  I'm amazed at how Scribus has progressed and I'm very excited to be so
close to getting Scribus into an educational setting-