[Scribus] Scribus and WYSIWYG

Gregory Pittman gpittman
Tue Jan 4 03:03:54 CET 2005

Kobus Wolvaardt wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Just my 2 cents,
>
>> IMHO the color of the text should be represented - working with
>> multicolored text frames is easier with it.
>

> | agree that it isnt practical to remove the function, but it makes it
> just a bit harder (having to reconfigure your background), isnt it
> posible
> to make the story editors background turn dark for all very light colors?

Years ago when I was using Professional Page on an Amiga, it would show
text in a false (complementary?) color when it matched or was close to
the background when you were editing.  I'm not sure that's any advantage
over how story editor works.  I would hate to see story editor get more
complicated -- there already seem to be recurring questions asking for
features it already has.
What I find myself doing in many cases is the quick text entry work (and
especially justification) with story editor, then doing the font/color
tweaks with the Properties toolbox and highlighting on the main screen.

Greg