[Scribus] Announcement: Scribus 1.3.x CVS

Craig Bradney cbradney
Mon Feb 28 16:14:45 CET 2005

On Tuesday 01 March 2005 03:03, Wesley Allen wrote:
> Craig, what's the best way to run 1.3cvs and 1.2cvs at the same time; is
> it possible?

Yes.. certainly possible.

For installation my suggestion would be to make yourself a directory under
your home directory, or under /opt for example. When building follow a
command sequence like:

export CFLAGS="-march=pentium4 -O2 -pipe"
export CXXFLAGS="-march=pentium4 -O2 -pipe"
export WANT_AUTOCONF=2.5
export WANT_AUTOMAKE=1.9
make -f Makefile.cvs
./configure --prefix=/opt/scribus13x --enable-debug
make && make install

The 1st two arent necessary, and are dependent on your system spec.
The 2nd two are possibly not necessary depending on the autoconf/automakes on
your system. Setting automake for 1.9 should work fine, as should 1.7, etc.

The prefix is where the program will be configured and installed for. This is
how you can have multiple installations at the same time.

The enable debug flag will allow us to better track crashes etc when run under
gdb. We would appreciate if you used this if you dont mind the larger binary
etc.

Preferences are not shared between 1.2 and 1.3. On first startup 1.3 will
optionally create preferences based on your 1.2 ones, or start from a new
set.

regards
Craig