[Scribus] OpenOffice importer working ??

Maciej Hanski ma_han2000
Fri Feb 25 07:34:55 CET 2005

On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 21:11:40 -0500
Gregory Pittman <gpittman at iglou.com> wrote:

> Bob Horvath wrote:
>
> > BTW, I love scribus.  I seek out reasons to use it.
>
> This could be a Wiki topic -- stupid reasons we use Scribus.
> My stupid reason is for making envelopes.  It turns out that setting
> up a file for my Photosmart printer, then editing it with Story
> Editor, is about as fast as anything else I can use for rapidly making
> an envelope.  I gave up trying to get oowriter to print an envelope in
> my Photosmart correctly (maybe they fixed this in more recent
> versions, but after using Scribus I don't see the need to figure this
> out again). I probably would use Scribus for Post-it notes if I could
> keep them from sticking inside the printer.

Greg, great idea, you can start filling your "stupid" reasons into wiki:
http://wiki.scribus.net/index.php/Stupid_reasons_we_use_Scribus

BTW, there are some really nice things going on in the Scribus Wiki:

User Hap0 is in the middle of creating the ultimate guide to installing
Scribus on Windows:
http://wiki.scribus.net/index.php/Installing_Scribus_from_CVS_sources_on_Win32_with_QT_3/Windows

User Rydel announced his willingness to write howtos on creating
brochures with Scribus:
http://wiki.scribus.net/index.php/User_talk:Rydel

Some users are in the middle of defining the new keyboard shortcuts for
Scribus 1.3*:
http://wiki.scribus.net/index.php/Keyboard_Shortcuts_by_Key

There is a "wishing well" for Scribus roadmap suggestions:
http://wiki.scribus.net/index.php/Roadmap_Suggestions

We are still waiting for the first user to describe hers/his positive
experience with a Scribus friendly print shop:
http://wiki.scribus.net/index.php/Scribus_Friendly_Print_Shops

best regards
Maciej