[Scribus] Newer Fink distro wanted

Steve Herrick estebandido
Mon Feb 21 16:11:13 CET 2005

On Mon, 21 Feb 2005 12:29:19 +0100, Craig Bradney <cbradney at zip.com.au> wrote:

> > Well, if you have trouble with Fink, you can expect considerebly more
> > trouble with gentoo. Last time I looked, gentoo for MacOSX was still
> > largely vaporware. But they are evolving fast and YMMV, of course.

Well, I had Gentoo-PPC (not OS X), and I liked it, despite certain
frustrations. I eventually abandoned it for Ubuntu, but I'd still like
to have something similar on my new Mac.

Fink won't update for me, for reasons I don't fully understand. I
tried to compile from source, but I can't get GCC. I'm already
considering ditching Mac OS X for Ubuntu...

> Cant say its ever been vapourware... esp given the demos and screenshots, and
> the ever growing package list in stable portage for OSX

I've seen all that. I'm looking for testimonials.

Steve
--
Yes, as through this world I've wandered
I've seen lots of funny men;

-Woody Guthrie