[Scribus] difference between linux and windows...

Craig Ringer craig
Mon Feb 21 13:10:20 CET 2005

On Mon, 2005-02-21 at 13:01 +0100, Gregor Rekus wrote:

> If I open the PDF on Linux (Acroread 5 or xpdf) they look terrible
> (something like small bitmap graphics scaled to large size). On Windows
> in adobe reader 7 they look fine - exactly like the original graphics in
> inkscape.
>
> Do I need any special settings to get the pdf on linux in the same
> quality like in windows?

Use Adobe Acrobat Reader 5, or Reader 7 Beta if you can find it. In
Acrobat Reader 5, turn on "smooth line art" in the preferences - it
defaults to off in reader 5, on in reader 7, and is probably the cause
of the difference you observe.

--
Craig Ringer