[Scribus] Page templates and auto text frames

Peter Zweck pete
Mon Feb 21 13:07:19 CET 2005

Hi,

I am starting a ~200 page book using Scribus 1.2.1 (rpm package) on
Mandrake 10.1. I am new to both Scribus and DTP in general, so please
excuse a few new user questions. Feel free to point me to the right
place in the docs......

1. I want to set up a few types of page templates for chapter start
pages, general body text etc. I have set up some templates as shown in
the tutorial, but note that you cannot edit or add text to text frames
in the document that were created in the page template. Is it possible
to create a text frame in a page template that is editable?  (to save
having to create text frames and set up columns 200 times in the document)

2. When you start a new document you can choose to have automatic text
frames. Can you turn on (or off) this feature after you have created
your document?

When I close down Scribus it reports a crash due to signal #6. Could
this account for the trouble I have had getting Scribus to save some
user preferences (such as autosave)?

Thanks,
Peter