[Scribus] OpenOffice importer working ??

Bob Horvath scribus
Mon Feb 21 08:11:21 CET 2005

Craig Ringer wrote:

>On Sat, 2005-02-19 at 15:29 +0100, Craig Bradney wrote:
>

>>>Its a small thing... there is another way to "import" just as plain
>>>text... but Id like to try it anyway, if its there.
>>>

>In 1.2.1 you should be able to just right click on a text frame, choose
>"get text", and select an OO.o writer file. It should import fine with
>all text formatting.

I am using 1.2.1, and while importing writer files gives the text
formats, other formatting such as tables is lost.

Is there an easy way to import table oriented data?

My method so far has been to create a PDF and bring it into scribus as
an image. That works fairly well but sometimes looks funny.  I am
currently working on a newsletter that will have some tabular budget
data in it.  What is the best way to do that kind of thing?

Oh, I should mention I have tried the table facility, and it seems to be
pretty difficult to work with, but ok for very small tables.  I am
really more interested in being able to import decent tables.

Any suggestions?