[Scribus] good news for scribus ... (was: Re: custom hyphenation)

Thomas R. Koll tomk32
Sat Feb 19 10:08:08 CET 2005

On Fri, Feb 18, 2005 at 11:46:55AM +0100, Helge Hielscher wrote:
> I still wonder how one could do a book with scribus. Last time I tried to
> create a 4-page DIN-A4-sized document: I failed b/c scribus 1.2.1 was
> 1) much to slow when I changed styles in the text editor (I don't have
> enough time to wait for more than a minute for every change to a style)

That's due to hyphenation. Set minwordlength to 7 or higher. To fix
existing docs use my dehyphenator (wrote that yesterday,
http://bugs.scribus.net/view.php?id=970 ) and hyphenate the text again.
Should be much faster then.

I'm doing a 60+ pages magazine every two weeks, text is from HTML and
I think next time I'll do it within six hours. Look at the PDFs:
http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:WikiReader_Digest

> 2) editing and changing styles in the WYSIWYG view was even more painfull: I
> had to do all selections with the keyboard b/c the mouse selected from the
> cursor backwards but the cursor was forwards. Selecting text and changing
> the style (e.g. line spacing) didn't work at all.

Forget the WYSIWYG editor, the Story Editor is better.

--
== Weblinks ==
* http://verlag.tomk32.de/ - WikiReader Digest als Print-Ausgabe