[Scribus] print simulation?

Craig Bradney cbradney
Thu Feb 17 12:33:17 CET 2005

On Thursday 17 February 2005 11:48, Bo?tjan ?peti? wrote:
> hi
>
> i was thinking... we have all the fancy color managment to simulate the
> press results... why not simulate the press gradation also? you know, like,
> showing lots of dots instead of nicely transparent planes?

You can use various rendering settings if you export your PDF with Printer
intention. Select Use Custom Rendering Settings, and you can set the
Frequency, Angle and Shape for each of the colour plates.

> and another stupid question, why exactly, technicaly is it impossible to
> import pdf into scribus? with texts and images? just curious...

Its not technically impossible. Now you can import a rasterised version via a
ghostscript.

We hope in the future to be able to import PDFs as editable content/vectors,
but as you are probably aware, PDF is a complex format even though its based
in part on PS and is an open format itself. You can see this in the open
source PDF viewers - none of them yet fully support PDF in all its various
forms. One day.. we are capable, we will do it.

Craig