[Scribus] two scribus questions

Steven Boothe steven
Thu Feb 17 08:56:29 CET 2005

Steven Boothe wrote:
> tech at atlantictechsolutions.com wrote:
>> I tested the display on Acro 5 Pro for windows and Acro 5 Reader for
>> Linux. The display to me is the same at the same zoom levels.
>>
> I've got the Beta of Acrobat 7 for Linux at home. I'll give it a try and
>  post my results here.

First my system specks are as follows:

Linux 2.6.10 #1 Sun Jan 23 20:56:15 EST 2005 i686 GNU/Linux
Distro: SimplyMepis 2004.3 Beta02

Hardware: Fairly new HP laptop, Pentium IV, plenty of RAM, etc.

KDE: 3.3.2
KGhostview: 0.20
Results: Only the images displayed. No text whatsoever.

Acrobat Reader 7.0 Beta date: 20041221
Results: Excellent as far as I could tell.
Screenshot: http://www.poiema.org/Files/pdf-screenshot.png
(Note: I saved the screenshot as a png without any compression so as to
not cause any artifacts from the compression, so the file is 1.3MB).