[Scribus] I'm looking for a Portable Document Format (not PDF)

Craig Ringer craig
Wed Feb 16 11:30:31 CET 2005

On Wed, 2005-02-16 at 10:15 +0100, Peter Nermander wrote:

> For viewing, nothing can beat a plain image format (TIFF, PNG?)

I can't entirely agree with that. A raster image will give you
finite-resolution on the vector parts of the document such as text and
line art. Sometimes this is a significant problem.

It also means that the viewer can't do things like optimise text
rendering and scaling for the display and current viewing resolution.

--
Craig Ringer