[Scribus] two scribus questions

Gustavo Homem gustavo
Mon Feb 14 13:56:52 CET 2005

On Monday 14 February 2005 15:44, tech at atlantictechsolutions.com wrote:
> Quoting Gustavo Homem <gustavo at login.com.pt>:
> > Hello,
> >
> > Thanks for your answer. I will try the latest GSview.
> >
> > Changing the settings on Acrobat's preferences helps a bit but the
> > quality is
> >
> > still not the same as with Acrobat 7 on windows (you can see the pdf for
> > your
> >
> > self on the link I posted).
> >
> > Best regards
> > Gustavo
> >
> > ary 2005 14:07, PLinnell wrote:

> > but

> > artifacts.

> > > See the last few paragraphs of :
> >
> > http://docs.scribus.net/index.php?lang=en&sm=exportingtopdf&page=pdfexpor
> >t1
> >
> > > Plus, your Acro Reader prefs might not be correct. See:
> > > http://docs.scribus.net/index.php?lang=en&sm=dtptoolbox&page=toolbox1

> > ?

> > > No.

> > > Hope that helps,
> > >
> > > Peter

> > --
> > generation grep
>
> Comparing Acro 7 on Windows and Acro 5 on Linux is not really fair ;-)

Well, it's Latest for Windows vs Latest for Linux.....

I wish adobe started releasing better products for linux, but probably when
they make up their minds everything will be covered by nice OSS like scribus

:-)

> I tested the display on Acro 5 Pro for windows and Acro 5 Reader for Linux.
> The display to me is the same at the same zoom levels.

I've just tried xpdf 3.0 and it does a good job as well.

Regards
Gustavo

--
generation grep