[Scribus] [announce] CMYK Patch gets image support

David Purton dcpurton
Sun Feb 13 12:48:09 CET 2005

On Sun, Feb 13, 2005 at 10:44:46AM +0100, Craig Bradney wrote:
> On Sunday 13 February 2005 08:07, David Purton wrote:
> > >
> > > OK, I made 2 screen shots with two scribus windows each. On the left
> > > there is a new document where I placed the same things as in cmyk.sla,
> > > and on the right there is cmyk.sla. I have color management activated
> > > with sRGB and Generic CMYK profiles.
> >
> > Can you use USWebCoatedSwop for your cmyk profile, so we are comparing
> > apples with apples?
> >
> > > The button "simulate printer on screen" is unchecked for the first
> > > screen shot with unpatched scribus-1.2.1
> > > http://perso.univ-rennes1.fr/martin.costabel/unpatched_screen.pdf
> >
> > cmyk.sla will not load correctly into an unpatched scribus. There are
> > several options for file format alterations.
> >
> > Can you also do one of these with "simulate printer on screen" checked?
> >
> > > The button is checked for the second screen shot with patched
> > > scribus-1.2.2cvs
> > > http://perso.univ-rennes1.fr/martin.costabel/patched_screen.pdf
> > > This explains the brighter colors in the first case.
> >
> > hmm - I see what you mean.
> >
> > There is more than one problem here, since when you import cmyk.eps, you
> > get different colours to what you do cmyk.sla.
> >
> > The good news, is that I do not believe that any of these problems are
> > difficult to fix. It will mean only changing a handful of lines of code
> > in the topmost LoadPict function in util.cpp and maybe some in
> > cmykcolor.cpp.
> >

> > I do have access to an ibook at work, but with no X11 stuff on it at
> > all, how long would I be looking at in getting scribus up and running on
> > this from scratch? Where are the best docs on doing this?
>
> FWIW, Franz has fixed the loading of old documents issue. We have found
> various TIFFs that produce some output to console and one that gets channel
> swapping too. Can you visit IRC David?

Sure - I'm probably going to be tied up for the next couple of days, but
I'm happy to explain whatever I can about how the patch works and what
it does. Feel free to email off list as well.

cheers

dc

--
David Purton
dcpurton at chariot.net.au

For the eyes of the LORD range throughout the earth to
strengthen those whose hearts are fully committed to him.
                                 2 Chronicles 16:9a