[Scribus] closing files without saving

Paraplegic Racehorse paraplegic_racehorse
Sun Feb 13 08:51:21 CET 2005

>On Fri, 11 Feb 2005 21:49:56 -0500
>Gregory Pittman <gpittman at iglou.com> wrote:
>

>>Also the visual order is I think important: Save, then Discard, then
>>Cancel reading left to right makes more sense.

I don't know what the HIGs recommend, exactly, but here we go:

Close-Without-SavingFirst-DialogButtons-Left_to_Right:

_Linux/UNIX_Software_
Thunderbird [Don't Save] ... [Cancel][Save]
Gimp2 [Cancel][Discard Changes]
OO.o Writer [Save][Discard][Cancel]
KWord [Save][Discard][Cancel]
InkScape [Close without saving][Cancel][Save]
FontForge (formerly pfaEdit) [Save][Don't Save][Cancel]
Scribus [Save Now][Cancel][Close Anyway]

_Mac OS_X_Software_
TextEdit [Don't Save] ... [Cancel][Save]
Cenon [Don't Save] ... [Cancel][Save]
Mail [Don't Save] ... [Cancel][Save]
Pages [Don't Save] ... [Cancel][Save]
RPGMapMaker [Don't Save] ... [Cancel][OK]

_Windows_Software_
WordPad [Yes][No][Cancel] - dialog asks "Save Changes to Document?"
msPaint [Yes][No][Cancel] - dialog asks "Save Changes to Document?"
AutoREALM [Yes][No][Cancel] - dialog asks "Save Current Map? Changes
include: (list)"
MapX (don't know .... WINE crashed trying to run this)

Of all of these, Scribus and RPGMapMaker are the most confusing
(RPGMapMaker obviously does not comply with Apple's HIG) but I don't
consider them ambiguous in any way. While the dialog could be made more
clear, it does not exactly require the input of any real thought to make
a logical choice.

--
__
Faster than a speeding slug!