[Scribus] instructions on the download page

Russ russbucket
Thu Feb 10 18:01:44 CET 2005

On Wednesday 09 February 2005 05:36 am, P. Linnell wrote:
> On Wednesday 09 February 2005 14:28, donnyp wrote:
> >  Hi
> >
> >  ?? I noticed that the download page has some old instructions.
> >

> >  http://web2.altmuehlnet.de/fschmid/download.html
> >

> > Daily updated CVS:
> >  Only recommended for those who want to stay on the bleeding edge.
> > Instructions for getting stuff via cvs
> >  export CVSROOT=:pserver:anoncvs at ahnews.music.salford.ac.uk:/cvs
> >  should read
> >
> > export CVSROOT=:pserver:anoncvs at scribus.info:/cvs
> >

> >  cvs login
> >
> >  when it asks for a password, press return
> >
> >  cvs -z3 co Scribus
> >
> >  This will then download the sources to you into your current working
> > Directory.
> >
> >  cd scribus/Scribus
> >  make -f Makefile.dist
> >  should read
> >  make -f Makefile.cvs
> >

> >  ./configure
> >  make
> >  make install
> >
> >  cheers
> >  Donny
> >
> >  PS
> >
> >  mailed the contact person on this link , but I have not heard back
>
> http://www.scribus.net and www.scribus.org.uk are main sites for Scribus
> now.
>
> Cheers,
> Peter

I tried this but get an error when I try the export command. Is the a cvs
package I need to install first? Error said it could not find the command. I
tried as user and as root with the same error.

Thanks for the help, as I am just learning the different options in LINUX
--
Russ