[Scribus] no latest Scribus for suse 9.0?

Craig Bradney cbradney
Thu Feb 10 16:30:46 CET 2005

On Thursday 10 February 2005 16:24, bart at solozone.com wrote:
> Well I just upgraded to 9.1 and 9.2 so it does not bother me --- but what
> is the point of using such latest libraries that no body else but you and
> me can use them? is not the point to have something USEFUL for the broad
> mass of DTP users out THERE?? Inkscape no loner even compiles for me by the
> way. In Win doze it works fine, with a binary. Why use open source if the
> average person can't manage it? This is what Apple does!

We cant achieve the things users want if we dont use the latest libraries,
however, we dont really do that, apart from suggesting you use the latest
libraries. From what I know Suse 9.0 should support current versions of
Scribus anyway. Besides.. why not just upgrade? Why stick with old software
when the new stuff is free?

Craig