[Scribus] Buying fonts where?

David Christian Berg david
Wed Feb 9 16:58:39 CET 2005

On Wed, 2005-02-09 at 14:31 +0100, Craig Bradney wrote:
> On Wednesday 09 February 2005 13:02, Samudra Reiher wrote:
> > Jan Ulrich Hasecke schrieb:
> > > for some future projects I will perhaps need some commercial fonts, so I
> > > am looking for a good online font shop in Germany. Any suggestions?
> >
> > Personally I suggest http://www.fontshop.de.
>
> I suggest going to a PC shop selling out old software and picking up a copy of
> a Corel product that will probably have good 1000+ fonts included.

Nah, Corel font's aren't expert fonts really. They are rip offs of some
good fonts and none of them is available in the number of styles one
needs for professional work (doing newspapers or a whole bunch of
PR-material).

So fontshop.de is a good place to go, but you might also have a look at
linotype.com, lucasfonts.com and maybe fontfabrik.com (they only retail
afaik). They are all German companies offering some really nice fonts,
that unfortunately I can't use, because they are so expensive and I'm
not a professional :(

Take care

DAvid