[Scribus] No more changelogs on scribus.org? CVS ebuild?

Gregory Pittman gpittman
Tue Feb 8 22:18:08 CET 2005

On Tuesday 08 February 2005 18:14, Sebastian Roeder wrote:

>>I?am back after a long time on the ML - this means there is o new
>>project (school magazin once again, for my old school while I am on the
>>university now).
>>
>>A lot changed in the time beeing, I am a Gentoo user for about 6 month.
>>I run the 1.2.1 scribus version at the moment but have always used the
>>CVS in the past. Is there an CVS ebuild around for Scribus or do I have to "relearn" to comple manualy ;-)

There were a few changes when the cvs server died a little while ago.
short answer:
export CVSROOT=:pserver:anoncvs at scribus.info:/cvs
cvs login
<ENTER> (for password)
cvs -z3 co Scribus

cd Scribus
make -f Makefile.cvs  (it's not Makefile.dist anymore)
then ./configure, make, make install

After you've done it another 30 times or so, it's easy.
I made an alias command 'cvsroot' in .bashrc to take care of the 'export
CVSROOT....' command.

Greg