[Scribus] Any plans for WMF inclusion?

Russ russbucket
Mon Feb 7 04:33:16 CET 2005

On Sunday 06 February 2005 03:54 pm, Christoph Sch?fer wrote:
> > I have literally thousands of files in *.wmf format, the product of a
> > misspent youth!
> >
> > The only program that seems to convert them properly to a format usable
> > in Scribus (EPS) is OOdraw. Inkscape seems to get the colours wrong and
> > the layers in the wrong order. So does every other Linux program
> > suggesting that the problem lies in libwmf.
>
> XnView (http://www.xnview.com/) is a great graphics viewer. XnView can
> display and convert an incredible amount of file formats (including wmf)
> and it has a batch mode (GUI or commandline), so you can convert all of
> your *.wmf files at once.
>
> Christoph

 I have been able to import wmf files to GIMP then save them as png and use in
scribus. Color on most is fairly good. The linux version of XNView will not
open a .wmf file directly. The only way I know the windows version of XNView
opens a .wmf is to save the .wmf to the clipboard and then paste it into
XNView, then you can save it as another format. I think using GIMP is easier
since it will open it directly from my Windows parition.
--
Russ