[Scribus] this whole wiki thing

Philipp Wagner lists
Fri Feb 4 20:04:18 CET 2005

Craig Ringer wrote:
> On Fri, 2005-02-04 at 07:52 +0100, Jan Ulrich Hasecke wrote:
>
>>Craig Ringer wrote:
>>
>>>Others have answered the "What" part of your question, but not really
>>>the "why".
>>
>>If other people wnat to contribute to the documentation, it would be
>>good to move the docs over into the wiki.  As said the wiki is for
>>collaboration. If you and me add some little trick a forum-like cms
>>would do the job.
>

> Personally, I'd view the wiki as a good place to refine new
> documentation sections, but some one-person editorial by Peter before
> inclusion in a separate section of definitive finished documentation
> seems to me like a good idea.

For that, also some "user contributed comments", like the
PHP-Documentation has them, are IMO enough and easier to incorporate
into the main documentation.
The problem with a wiki is, that there's no instance who's proofreading
the documentation and giving it a "common touch", so that it doesn't
look like a lot of information put together by a lot of people, but like
/the/ Scribus Documentation. You see it with wikipedia. There's no
common standard for all articles, not every article has the same high
quality and you can be sure that all dates and facts are 100 % correct.
So I don't like the idea at all of making the whole documentation a wiki.

Philipp