[Scribus] ISO page sizes

Louis Desjardins louis_desjardins
Fri Feb 4 19:59:19 CET 2005

I don't know how much work is involved here, but I agree with this. The
same applies to any "standard" format for which any round trip into
other units should always give the same result back. I already filed a
note in a (somewhat) related issue. Scribus has a different precision
depending upon the unit used and I think this needs attention.

Here is the note:
 > There is still an accuracy issue when transposing from one unit to
another.
 > When in the Paragraph Style dialog, here is how precise Scribus is
for each unit:
 > 0.0000 in
 > 0.0 pt
 > 0.0 mm
 > 0.0 p

 > Accurate transposition from one unit to another is, thus, difficult.

 > BTW, Scribus is more precise when in the Properties palette:
 > 0.0000 in
 > 0.00 pt
 > 0.000 mm
 > 0.00 p

But is this possible at all?
Maybe the best way to achieve this is having Scribus remember what was
set on the first place. So if we change the unit for any reason, when we
get back, we still have, for instance, the *real* A4 and not a converted
value.

BTW, Scribus transposes Letter format correctly into mm (215.9 mm x
279.4 mm), as does Quark.
A4 is 210 mm X 297 mm in Quark.
A4 is 209.903 mm X 297.039 mm in Scribus, untransposed (default unit set
to mm and A4)

Louis

Peter Nermander a ?crit :